Cracker Sandwich Cookies
A perfect option for when you're short on time or looking for a treat to make with kids. These take a classic snack time fave like crackers and peanut butter (or almond butter) and step it up with a dip in some chocolate and an optional dusting of powdered sugar. Skip the extra sugar and use organic, whole wheat or gluten free crackers to keep this cookie on the healthier side.
32 organic, gluten-free (optional) butter crackers
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup powdered sugarShop this recipe
1. Place the peanut butter and vanilla into a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
2. Spread a little of the peanut butter mixture onto a cracker and sandwich together with another cracker. Repeat until all the crackers and peanut butter filling have been used. Place the crackers on a cookie sheet and place in the freezer for 5-10 minutes
3. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave on high, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and smooth.
4. If using the powdered sugar, pour the sugar into a wide bowl and set aside. Use a fork or your hands to dip the chilled peanut butter sandwiches into the chocolate until completely covered. Place the chocolate covered sandwich directly into the powdered sugar and toss to coat. Place the cookie back onto the baking sheet and repeat with the remaining cookies.
5. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.