Coconut Chicken Strips with Broccoli & Sweet Potato Fries
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Large bowl
- Two small bowls
- Small pot
1 tbsp. italian spice mix (italian seasoning thyme, onion powder, paprika)
To taste salt & pepper
½ cup unsweetened shredded coconutShop this recipe
Roast the Sweet Potato Fries
• Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
• Rinse, scrub and slice the sweet potato into ¼-inch thick matchsticks.
• Add them to a large bowl and drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Sprinkle with half of the Italian Spice Mix and season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat.
• Pour onto one side of the baking sheet and roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
Prepare the Chicken Strips
• In a small bowl, combine the flour and half of the Italian Spice Mix. Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir.
• In another small bowl, whisk the egg with the honey.
• On a clean surface, cut the chicken breast into strips.
• Dip each strip in the flour mixture first, then the egg mixture, followed by the shredded coconut.
• When the sweet potatoes have roasted for 20 minutes, remove from oven and add the chicken strips to the other side of the sheet.
• Return to the oven and bake until the sweet potato fries are tender-crisp, and the chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes. The chicken is done when it has an internal temperature of 165°F and shows no signs of pink.
Steam the Broccoli
• Add ¼ cup water to a small pot and bring to boil.
• Rinse and chop the broccoli into florets and add it to the small pot.
• Once the water is boiling, reduce the heat to simmer and cook, covered, until the broccoli is fork-tender, about 8-10 minutes.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the coconut chicken strips between two plates and serve with sweet potato fries and broccoli on the side!