Classic Spaghetti 'n Meatballs
- Large bowl
- Medium baking dish
- Large pot
To taste salt & pepper
16 cups waterShop this recipe
Preheat the Oven & Prepare the Ingredients
• Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
• Mince the garlic.
• Rinse the bell pepper and roughly chop ¾ of it. Finely dice the remaining ¼.
• Rinse and halve the grape tomatoes.
• Rinse the basil, discard the stems and roughly chop the leaves.
• If not pre-shredded; grate the Parmesan.
Cook the Meatballs & Veggies
• In a large bowl, mix the garlic, ground beef, ¼ cup basil, the finely diced bell pepper, and salt and pepper to taste until well combined. Using clean hands, form the mixture into small golf ball size rounds.
• Place the meatballs in a medium baking dish. Add thegrape tomatoes and remaining bell pepper.
• Drizzle with 2 tbsp. olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Roast until the meatballs are well cooked through, about 25 minutes. Remove from heat.
• Wash and dry the large bowl used earlier and add the meatballs and ¼ of the pasta sauce. Mix well.
Make the Spaghetti
• While the meatballs are roasting, bring a large pot filled with 16 cups water and a pinch of salt to boil. Add the spaghetti. Cook until tender-firm (al dente), about 15 minutes.
• Drain in a colander in the sink and return to the pot.
Bring It All Together
• Add the remaining pasta sauce to the pot with the spaghetti and toss until evenly coated. Toss with the roasted veggies.
• Evenly divide the spaghetti between separate bowls. Top with meatballs and sprinkle with Parmesan.
Tips for Leftover Ingredients:
• Seal and store the Parmesan in the fridge. Top salads or roasted veggies with Parmesan for added umami flavours.
• Garlic can be kept fresh in a mesh or wire basket, small bowl with ventilation holes or even a paper bag. Use garlic and Parmesan for your next pizza or pasta night!