Cinnamon Sugar Radish Chips
Totally crazy. And totally delicious. I don’t know how it happened, but it did.
In my mind, radishes fall in the same category as beets: earthy, red, and dirty tasting. And never to be experimented with.
You thought I was a radish lover? You are wrong.
But what I found out today is that cinnamon sugar acts like magic with radishes.
I’m not even going to pretend to be sophisticated enough to describe what this power combo of radish and cinnamon sugar tasted like.
But, if you were going to make me, I’d say it tasted…
- A little bitter
- But still sweet at the same time.
10-15 red radish
1/2 tablespoon raw honey
1 1/2 tablespoons golden cane sugar (turbinado)Shop this recipe
1. Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
2. Slice the radishes approximately ¼ inch thick and put them in a microwave safe bowl.
3. When you are done slicing, microwave for about 30 seconds to soften them up. Drain any liquid, and add them to a larger bowl.
4. Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl.
5. Add the olive oil, honey, and cinnamon sugar and mix well to coat all of the radishes. Spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure they are evenly spread out and not stacked on top of each other.
6. Cook for 15 minutes, then remove the radishes and flip them over. Reduce oven temperature to 225 and bake for another 20 minutes. You will notice they will begin to shrink in size and crisp up, which is a good thing! Remove from the oven, plate and serve.