Chunky Chicken Soup with Homemade Biscuits
- Baking sheet
- Large pan
- Large pot
- Large bowl
8-10 oz. chicken breast(s)
To taste salt & pepper
6 cups water
200g fresh pasta rigatoni
1 cup biscuit mix (flour, baking powder, sugar, salt)
2 tsp. tuscan spice mix (sage, rosemary, garlic powder)
½ cup butter, unsalted barrel-churned 1lbShop this recipe
Preheat the Oven & Prepare the Veggies
• Preheat the oven to 425ºF and grease a baking sheet with 1 tbsp. olive oil
• Rinse and dice the carrots and celery.
• Dice the onion and mince the garlic.
Cook the Chicken
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Cut the chicken breast(s) into roughly 1-inch chunks and season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Add the chicken to the pan and cook for about 5-6 minutes, flipping occasionally, until cooked through. The chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF and shows no signs of pink.
Make the Soup
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, carrots and celery. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
• Add the water, vegetable bouillon, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir and bring the mixture to boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
• Add the chicken and pasta, and continue to cook until the pasta is tender-firm (al dente), about 10-15 minutes.
Bake the Biscuits
• While the soup simmers, add the Biscuit Mix and Tuscan Spice Mix to a large bowl and season with salt to taste.
• Add the butter and use a fork to mix it into the mixture, until the dough forms a crumb-like texture.
• Stir in the milk until well incorporated. Using clean hands, form the dough into 4 balls and place them on the baking sheet. Press them into 1-inch thick rounds.
• Bake until golden-brown, about 10-15 minutes.
Bring It All Together
• Rinse and roughly chop the dill.
• Evenly divide the soup between two bowls and garnish with dill. Serve with homemade biscuits on the side!