Grab the kiddos and whip up these delicious homemade Almond Crunch Bars! These are the perfect after-school snack or midday pick-me-up treat! We use our delicious Mabels Bakery super seedy granola to create this hearty and filling snack.
1/2 cup dates, dried medjool
1/2 teaspoon salt, kosher
1/2 cup chocolate bar, bittersweet 71%
1/8 cup almonds, dark chocolateShop this recipe
3 cups Mabel's Super Seedy Granola
1/2 cup cashew butter
1/2 cup dates, blended
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
1 tbsp cashew butter
1/8 cup (approx. 5) chocolate covered almonds/cashews, roughly chopped
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the granola and kosher salt with a spatula or large wooden spoon. Add the cashew butter and pureed dates (or date syrup). Mix everything together until well combined and forming together.
2. In an 8 x 8- inch baking dish, press the granola with your hands or spatula into an even 1” layer. Cover the dish with a lid and place in the freezer to cool for up to 1 hour.
3. While the granola is cooling, heat a small pot of water fitted with a heat-proof bowl, on high. Place the dark chocolate chunks into the heat-proof bowl and stir as the chocolate melts. Once all the chocolate has melted, remove the bowl from the heat and stir in the cashew butter.
4. Once the granola has cooled, remove the baking dish from the freezer and drizzle the chocolate-cashew butter swirls over the granola. Sprinkle with the chopped chocolate-covered almonds immediately - before the chocolate-cashew swirls cool and harden. This will help secure the chocolate almonds on top of the bars.
5. Use a sharp knife to cut the bars into even bars (6 or 12). Wrap the bars or seal in a container. Store the bars in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 2 months.