Chili-Lime Mexican Corn & Black Bean Tostadas
- Large pan
2 tsp. chili spice mix (cumin, chili powder, garlic powder)Shop this recipe
Prepare the Veggies
• Shuck the corn. Cut the lime in half.
• Rinse and halve the grape tomatoes.
• Rinse and finely chop the cilantro.
• Rinse and drain the beans in a colander in the sink.
Pan-Roast the Corn
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the corn to the pan.
• Pan-roast the corn, flipping occasionally, until starting to brown, about 8 minutes.
• Remove from heat and divide the corn between two plates. Rub each ear with 1 tbsp. butter and season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Sprinkle each with some of the chili spice mix and cilantro, reserving about half of each for the tostadas.
Make the Tostadas
• In the same pan used for the corn, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium heat. Add the black beans and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
• Remove from heat and roughly mash the beans with a fork. Squeeze in half of the lime juice and stir in the remaining chili spice mix and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Give the pan a rinse and return it to the element over medium heat.
• Add the corn tortillas to the pan (one at a time if necessary) for 1-2 minutes per side until warm and slightly crispy. Top each with some of the black bean
mixture and guacamole.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the tostadas and grape tomatoes between the two plates with corn.
• Squeeze the remaining lime juice on top to serve!