Chili-Lime Beef Tacos with Pinto Beans, Slaw & Guacamole
- Cheese grater
- Two large bowls
- Large pan
To taste salt & pepper
1/2 mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup pinto beans
9-10 oz. ground beef (harley farms)
1 1/2 tbsp. chili spice (coconut sugar, chili powder, cumin, paprika)
1/2 cup water
1 cup brassicaShop this recipe
Prepare the ingredients
- Rinse and grate the brassica and carrot, and add them to a large bowl. Cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice into the bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grate the cheese and dice the yellow onion. Rinse and drain the pinto beans in a colander.
Cook the Beef
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef, diced onions, chili seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook, stirring occasionally to break up the meat, until the beef is browned and the onion is tender, about 5-7 minutes.
Make the slaw & tacos
- Add the pinto beans and 1/2 cup of water to your pan. Cook until the liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer mixture to another large bowl.
- Rinse and dry your large pan and return it to the element over medium high heat. Once hot, add as many corn tortillas to the pan as will fit, and heat for 1 minute per side. Repeat with any remaining tortillas.
Bring it all together
- Divide the corn tortillas evenly between two plates and top each with some of the beef-bean mixture.
- Top with some of the slaw and shredded cheese.
- Serve with guacamole on the side