Chili Beef Fajitas with Bell Pepper & Salsa
- One medium bowl
- One small bowl
- Large pan
1tbsp. chili spice mix (chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, sugar, paprika)
8-10 oz. beef stir fry strips
1/3 cup warm water
1 pepper, green bell
To taste salt & pepper
6 white corn tortillas
1/2 cup chipotle salsa, medium
1/4 cup hewitt's goat milk sour cream, 14% mfShop this recipe
Prepare the Ingredients
• Pour the Chili Spice Mix into a medium bowl.
• Add the beef stir-fry strips to the bowl, tossing to evenly to coat. Let the meat sit in the seasoning.
• In a separate small bowl, combine the warm water, cornstarch, and the vegetable bouillon.
• Using a fork, whisk until everything is incorporated and set aside.
• Dice the onion. Rinse and slice the bell pepper.
• Grate the cheddar cheese, if not pre-shredded.
Cook the Beef & Veggies
• Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a large pan over high heat.
• Once the oil is sizzling, add the beef and veggies.
• Cook until the veggies start to soften and the beef is almost cooked through, about 3-4 minutes.
• Stir in the cornstarch/ bouillon mixture.
• Reduce the heat to medium-low and let the beef and veggies cook until the liquid has thickened, about 2-3 minutes.
• Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Bring it All Together
• Transfer the beed and veggie mixture to the medium bowl used earlier. Rinse the pan and transfer and return it to the element over medium heat.
• Working one at a time, place the tortillas on the pan and warm them for 30 seconds per side.
• Evenly divide the tortillas between two plates.
• Top each tortilla with some of the beef and veggie mixture.
• Sprinkle with cheese and rool them up.
• Garnish with a dollop of salsa and sour cream to serve!