Chickpea & Sweet Potato Coconut Curry
- Medium pot
- Large pot
- Can opener
3 cups water
To taste salt & pepperShop this recipe
Cook the Quinoa
• Add the water and quinoa to a medium pot and bring to boil with a pinch of salt.
• Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer and cook until the quinoa is tender and the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
Prepare the Remaining Ingredients
• In the meantime, rinse, scrub and dice the sweet potato.
• Rinse and dice the bell peppers.
• Rinse the kale, and remove the leaves from the stem. Roughly chop them.
• Rinse and roughly chop the cilantro.
• Open the can of chickpeas and rinse and drain in a colander in the sink.
Make the Curry
• Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
• Add the sweet potato, red pepper, and coconut curry and cook for 5 minutes.
• Reduce the heat to simmer, cover and cook (stirring occasionally) until the sweet potato is fork-tender, about 25 minutes.
• Remove the lid of the pot and stir in the chickpeas and kale. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the chickpea & sweet potato coconut curry between 4-6 bowls.
• Scatter with cilantro and serve with quinoa on the side!
Tips for Leftover Ingredients:
• If you have leftover kale and cilantro, make a side salad or freeze them for future recipes! They work
well in smoothies, soups and stews.
• Dry quinoa can be stored in an airtight container and used within the next year for soups, stews, chilis or bowls!