Chickpea Curry with Spinach & Rice
This Chickpea Curry by Good Food for Good is delicious and rich in protein and fibre. You can make this favourite in your own home in 20 minutes with this simple and easy to follow recipe. Serve this flavourful curry with spinach and rice.
1 bunched spinach
1/2 cup white jasmine rice
1 + 1/4 cup waterShop this recipe
1. Rinse the rice in a fine sieve with cold water. In a small pot, bring 1 cup of water and the rice to a boil. Once boiling, cover the pot and reduce heat to a simmer. Let cook until rice is tender and all of the water is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes. Set aside.
2. In the meantime, rinse the cooked chickpeas in a colander.
3. Rinse the spinach and tear or chop into small pieces.
4. Slice the lime into quarters.
5. Add the tikka masala (a tomato curry sauce with Indian spices), chickpeas, 1/4 cup of water, and the spinach to a medium pot over medium heat. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure the mixture is not sticking to the bottom of the pot.
6. Divide the rice evenly between two bowls. Once cooked, pour the chickpea mixture over the rice.
7. Garnish your curry with freshly squeezed lime and cilantro to taste.