Chicken Tikka Masala with Coconut-Spiced Greens
- Small pot
- Large bowl
- Large pan
- Medium baking dish
3/4 cup white jasmine rice
1¼ cups water
to taste salt & pepper
1 tbsp. biodynamic extra virgin olive oil
1½ cups snow peas, on
2 cups spinach, bunched
1½ tbsp. fresh city's indian spice mix (garlic powder, onion powder, garam masala, cumin, chili powder, turmeric)
¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconutShop this recipe
Preheat the Oven & Make the Rice
• Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
• Rinse the rice in a fine sieve and add it to a small pot with 1 ¼ cups water and a pinch of salt. Bring to boil.
• Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer and cook, covered, until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed, 10-15 minutes.
Marinate the Chicken
• In the meantime, combine the Tikka Masala and Greek yogurt in a large bowl, and whisk with a fork to combine.
• Cut the chicken into 1-inch chunks and add to the sauce.
• Toss to coat, cover and set in the fridge for 15 minutes.
Make the Coconut-Spiced Peas
• While the chicken is marinating, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
• Dice the onion and mince the garlic.
• If using peas or green beans; rinse, trim the ends off and cut them into ½-inch pieces. If using broccoli; rinse and chop into florets. Rinse and roughly chop the spinach.
• Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook until tender and fragrant, 2-3 minutes. Stir in the shredded coconut, Indian Spice Mix, and salt and pepper to taste.
• Stir in the peas (or green beans or broccoli). Cook until tender-firm, about 5-6 minutes. Stir in the spinach and turn off the heat. Stir until the spinach is lightly wilted.
Bake the Chicken
• Pour the chicken and marinade into a medium baking dish and bake until cooked through, about 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
• The chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165º F and shows no signs of pink.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the rice between two plates.
• Top with chicken Tikka Masala and serve with the coconut-spiced greens!