Chicken Shawarma Pockets
- Medium bowl
- Large pan
12 oz. chicken, boneless skinless thighs (field gate)
¼ fresh city's greek spice mix
To taste salt & pepperShop this recipe
Prepare the Ingredients
• Chop the chicken into 2-inch cubes and add it to a medium bowl. Season with the Greek Spice Mix and
salt and pepper to taste. Set aside for 15 minutes to an hour.
• Finely dice the onion.
• Rinse and dice the cucumber.
• Rinse and halve the grape tomatoes.
• Rinse and roughly chop the spinach.
• Rinse and roughly chop the parsley
• Cut the pitas in half and open them to make pockets (note: if pockets aren’t opening easily, heat for 1 minute).
Cook the Chicken
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
• Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through (with an internal temperature of 165°F and showing no signs of pink), about 10-15 minutes.
Assemble the Shawarma
• Spread some hummus on one side of each pocket.
• Fill the bottom of the pita with spinach. Add the chicken.
• Top with cucumber, tomatoes and red onion.
• Sprinkle with parsley.
Bring It All Together
• Wash and dry the medium bowl used earlier for the chicken.
• Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into the bowl, removing any seeds. Add any remaining ingredients (e.g. spinach, cucumber, tomato, parsley, onion, and even hummus) and toss for an excellent side salad!