Chicken-Lime Quesadillas with Roasted Corn Salsa
- Small pan
- Small bowl
- Medium bowl
- Medium pan
- Cheese grater
1 ear corn
2 tablespoons delicate extra-virgin olive oil, small
to taste salt and pepper
1 teaspoon chicken seasoning (cumin, chili powder)Shop this recipe
Prepare the Ingredients
• Pat the chicken thighs dry with paper towel and season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Rinse and halve the grape tomatoes. Mince the garlic. Roughly chop the sun-dried tomatoes.
Cook the Chicken
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken. Cook until the chicken starts to get brown and crispy, about 3-4 minutes, then flip and repeat on the other side.
• Stir in the garlic, cinnamon stick and the Moroccan spice mix. Add the grape tomatoes, ½ cup water and the sun-dried tomatoes. Bring to boil.
• Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer and continue to cook until the chicken is cooked and the sauce has reduced, about 25 minutes. Chicken is done when it reaches a minimum internal temperature of 165ºF and shows no signs of pink.
• Carefully remove the cinnamon stick.
Make the Quinoa
• While the chicken cooks, rinse the quinoa in a fine sieve and add it to a small pot with 1 ½ cups of water and a pinch of salt. Bring to boil.
• Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer. Cook for 7 minutes and then stir in the raisins. Continue to cook until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender about 3-7 more minutes.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the raisin quinoa between two plates.
• Top with the some of Moroccan chicken thighs and sauce to serve!