Chicken & Kale Stew with Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Medium pan
- Large pot
- Baking sheet
2 tsp. tuscan spice mix (sage, garlic powder, rosemary)
5 cups water
To taste salt & pepperShop this recipe
Preheat the Oven & Cook the Chicken
• Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat.
• Cut the chicken into roughly 1-inch chunks and season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Add the chicken to the pan and cook for about 5-6 minutes, flipping occasionally, until cooked through.
The chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF and shows no signs of pink.
Prepare the Veggies
• In the meantime, rinse and dice the carrots and celery.
• Dice the onion and mince the garlic.
• Rinse and roughly chop the kale.
• Grate the Parmesan and set aside.
Cook the Stew
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
• Add the carrot, celery, onion, vegetable bouillon, Tuscan Spice Mix, and salt and pepper to taste.
• Stir and cook until tender and fragrant, 6-8 minutes.
• Add the chicken slices, water, pasta and kale. Bring the mixture to boil. Once boiling, cover the pot and reduce the heat to simmer for 10 minutes.
Bring It All Together
• While the stew cooks, place the bread slices on a baking sheet and bake until toasted, 2-3 minutes.
• Remove from oven. Drizzle with ½ tbsp. olive oil each.Sprinkle with garlic and Parmesan and return to the oven until the cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes.
• Remove from oven and cut the toasts in half.
• Evenly divide the stew between two bowls and serve with cheesy garlic bread on the side!