Chicken Harvest Bowl with Sweet Potato & Apple
- Baking dish
- Aluminum foil
- Large bowl
8-10 oz. boneless chicken breast
2 tsp. fresh city's tuscan spice mix (sage, garlic powder, rosemary)
To taste salt & pepper
2 tbsp. dried cranberries
¼ cup fresh city's lemon-maple dressing (olive oil, lemon juice, maple mustard, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, sea salt)Shop this recipe
Preheat the Oven & Prepare the Ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Rinse, scrub and dice the sweet potato into 1-inch cubes.
- Mince the garlic.
Roast the Chicken & Sweet Potato
- Add the sweet potato and garlic to a large bowl and drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Pour onto one side of the baking dish.
- Add the chicken breast(s) to the large bowl. Drizzle with 2 tbsp. olive oil and the Tuscan Spice Mix. Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss to coat.
- Transfer the chicken to the other side of the baking dish.
- Roast in the oven until the sweet potato is fork-tender and the chicken is cooked through, about 20-25 minutes. Chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F and shows no signs of pink.
- Remove the chicken and continue to cook the sweet potatoes for another 15-20 minutes.
- Let the chicken cool slightly before slicing into roughly 1-inch strips.
Make the Salad
- While the sweet potato and chicken are roasting, rinse and dry the salad greens.
- Rinse and dice the apples.
- Crush the walnuts with the broad side of a knife.
- Thoroughly wash the large bowl used earlier for the sweet potato/chicken. Add the salad greens, diced apples, and dried cranberries. Drizzle with the Lemon-Maple Dressing and toss to combine.
Bring It All Together
- Evenly divide the salad between two plates or bowls.
- Top with chicken and sweet potato. Serve with salad on the side and garnish with crushed walnuts!