Chicken Enchiladas with Kale & Goat Cheese + Corn Chips
- 9" X 13" baking dish
- Large pan with a lid
- Large pan
- Large plate
- Cheese grater
9-12 ounces organic boneless chicken breast
5 tablespoons goat cheese
pinch salt & pepper to taste
3/4 cup salsa verdeShop this recipe
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease a 9”x13” baking dish with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Shred the cheddar cheese, slice the green onion, chop the cilantro, and quarter the lime. Peel, pit and slice the avocado. Set veggies aside
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan with a lid over medium-high heat. Season the chicken
breast(s) with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium and add the chicken. Cook for 1 minute,
then flip. Reduce heat to low. Cover the pan and continue to cook for 10 minutes. Do not lift the lid.
After 10 minutes, turn off the heat and let sit for 10 more minutes, covered. The chicken is cooked
when it reaches an internal temperature of 160ºF or more and shows no pink. Once cooked, remove from pan and slice into cubes.
- While the chicken is cooking, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Tear the kale and shred the cabbage. Add them both to the pan and cook until just wilted. Set aside.
- Dump 2/3 of the salsa onto a large plate. Dip each tortilla into the salsa, coating on both sides to help soften it. Spoon in some chicken, kale and cabbage. Crumble some goat cheese overtop. Roll the tortilla up and place it seam side down in the baking dish. Repeat with all tortillas.
- Spoon remaining salsa on the enchiladas and sprinkle with cheddar. Bake for 20-30 minutes or
until the cheese is melted and browning. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cilantro and green
onions. Serve with sliced avocado and lime!