- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Large bowl
- Large pan
- Paper towel
- 4 toothpicks
2 slices pork bacon (field gate)
1 cup romaine lettuce
2 spelt tortilla wraps, 11 inch
To taste salt & pepperShop this recipe
Make the Root Veggie Chips
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Rinse the sweet potato and beet. Cut each root vegetable in half and place them on your cutting board, cut side down. Carefully slice each half into the thinnest strips possible. Mince the garlic.
- Add the root veggie strips to a large bowl and toss together with 2 tbsp. olive oil, minced garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Arrange the veggies in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast in the oven until crisp, about 20 minutes.
Cook the Chicken and Bacon
- While the root veggies roast, cut the chicken breast(s) into roughly 1/2 inch strips.
- Heat 1tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel and set aside. Return the pan to the element.
- Season the chicken strips with salt and pepper to taste, and add them to the pan. Cook for about 5-6 minutes, flipping occasionally, until cooked through. The chicken is done when the internal temperature is 165F and shows no sign of pink.
Assemble the Wraps
- Rinse, dry and chop the romaine lettuce and add it to the large bowl used earlier for the root veggies. Add the chicken pieces. Crumble the bacon and Parmesan into the bowl and toss together with the Caesar dressing until everything is thoroughly coated.
- Lay out the flax tortillas and spoon half the mixture into the center of each wrap. Roll the wraps.
Bring It All Together
- Place a wrap on each plate and cut in half. Poke each wrap with a toothpick to keep it together, if desired. Serve the wraps with a side of root veggie chips!