Chicken Burgers with Feta & Lemon-Pesto Potatoes
8-10 ounces ground chicken
1 tablespoon bunol asado, fresh mediterranean spread
1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 gluten free white buns
2 tablespoons goat fetaShop this recipe
1. Mince the garlic and dice the shallot. Using the fine side of a grater, grate the lemon until you have about 1 tsp. of zest. Squeeze the juice into a small bowl, removing any seeds.
2. Wash the potatoes and cut any larger potatoes into 1-inch cubes. Place potatoes in a medium pot with enough water to cover them. Bring to boil over medium-high heat, uncovered and cook for 10-15 minutes, until fork-tender.
3. In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, shallot, garlic, thyme, oregano, Mediterranean sauce, lemon zest, and feta. Mix well and shape into two burger patties.
4. Set a large pan with oil over medium-high. Cook the patties for 6-8 minutes per side until fully cooked or the internal temperature reaches a minimum of 165ºF. To BBQ, pre-heat the grill, then grease the patties with oil before grilling 6-8 minutes per side.
5. While the burgers cook, prepare the bun and toppings. Slice the buns in half and spread mustard on each half. Cut the tomato and pickles into 1/4-inch slices. Wash and dry the lettuce.
6. Drain the potatoes in a colander and return to pot. Toss them with the lemon juice and pesto.
7. When the burgers are cooked, place them on the bottom buns, then top with tomatoes, pickles, lettuce, and the other half of the bun. Serve burgers with the warm lemon-pesto potatoes!