Chicken Banh Mi with Lemongrass Slaw & Spinach
- Blender/food processor
- Large bowl
- Medium bowl
- Medium pan
1/4 cup sweet chili sauce (sesame oil, tamari, brown rice vinegar, chili okazu, coconut sugar)
to taste salt & pepper
2 petite white baguette
4 tbsp. soy mayonnaiseShop this recipe
Marinate the Chicken
• Rinse and dice the green onion.
• Mince the garlic and ginger.
• In a blender or food processor, combine the garlic, ginger, green onion and half of the Sweet Chili Sauce. Blend until smooth.
• Pour the marinade into a large bowl. Add the chicken breast(s) and toss lightly to coat. Cover and let sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes.
Make the Slaw
• In the meantime, rinse and grate the carrots and radishes. Rinse and thinly slice the cabbage.
• Rinse and roughly chop the cilantro.
• In a medium bowl, combine the carrots, radish, cabbage, cilantro and remaining Sweet Chili Sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
Cook the Chicken
• Place a medium pan over medium heat. Add the chicken with marinade to the pan and sear for 1 minute.
• Flip the chicken, cover the pan and cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 10-12 minutes. The chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF and shows no signs of pink.
• Transfer to a cutting board and cut into ½-inch strips.
Toast the Baguette
• Wash the pan used for the chicken and return it to the element over medium heat.
• Cut the baguettes in half and add them, cut-side down, to the pan. Lightly toast the baguettes, 1-2 minutes.
Bring It All Together
• Rinse and dry the spinach.
• Place a baguette on each plate and spread each bottom half with mayonnaise.
• Top with spinach, chicken slices, and slaw.
• Serve with any remaining slaw on the side!