Chard & Tomato Chickpea Curry
- Small pot
- Large pot or rok
1 teaspoon curry powder
2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
1 1/2 cups water
to taste salt and pepper
3/4 cup long grain white riceShop this recipe
Make the Rice
• Rinse the rice in a fine sieve under cold water. In a small pot, bring 1 ½ cups water to boil and add the rice. Return to boil. Once boiling, cover the pot and reduce heat to simmer. Let the rice cook until tender and the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
Prepare the Ingredients
• Rinse and dry the tomatoes, swiss chard, and cilantro. Dice the tomatoes, slice the chard into ribbons, and roughly chop the cilantro. Thinly slice the onion.
• Rinse and drain the chickpeas in a colander.
Make the Curry
• Heat the olive oil in a large pot or wok over medium heat.
• Add the onion and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sauté for 2 minutes and then add the curry spice mix. Stir, and cook for another minute.
• Add the chickpeas and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and chard ribbons and let simmer for another 3 minutes.
• Add the coconut milk and simmer for 5 more minutes. Finally, stir in the tamari.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the rice between two bowls. Top each with some chard and tomato curry, and garnish with cilantro to serve!