Cauliflower Pizza Crust with Red Onion, Greens & Goat Cheese
1/4 cup lactose-free parmesan, old style
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 half-dozen small flock's delight (medium) eggs
1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 pinch red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon saltShop this recipe
1. Preheat oven to 450ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Grate the mozzarella and parmesan. Thinly slice the red onion and chop the chard.
2. Wash and dry the cauliflower. Cut the florets off and add to a blender or food processor. Pulse for 30 seconds or until cauliflower is rice-like. Place the cauliflower in a large pan with a bit of water over medium-high heat to steam or in a microwave-safe bowl for about 3-4 minutes. Dump the steamed cauliflower onto the cheesecloth or a dish towel and let cool.
3. Once cauliflower has cooled enough to handle, wrap it in the cheesecloth or dish towel and wring it thoroughly to squeeze out any water. Add the drained cauliflower to a large mixing bowl with the mozzarella and parmesan. Add ‘pizza spices’ (basil, oregano, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and salt). Add the flax meal and egg. Mix well.
4. Using your hands, form the cauliflower ‘dough’ into one or two crusts on the baking sheet. Pat it down to form a 1/2-inch thick crust. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown, then remove from from oven.
5. While the crust is baking, set a small pan over medium heat. Add the oil and the chard, and sauté until slightly wilted, 2-3 minutes.
6. Spread the tomato sauce over the crust, and top with the chard and red onion. Crumble the goat cheese overtop. Bake for another 5-6 minutes, until the cheese is melted and slightly golden. Allow to cool slightly before serving!