Cauliflower Mac 'n Cheese
- Large baking dish
- Large pot
- Blender/food processor
14+2 cups water
To taste salt & pepperShop this recipe
Preheat the Oven & Prepare the Ingredients
• Preheat the oven to 425ºF and lightly grease a large baking dish with 1 tbsp. olive oil.
• Mince the garlic.
• Rinse and chop the broccoli and cauliflower into small florets.
• If not pre-shredded; grate the cheddar and Parmesan.
Make the Cheese Sauce
• Bring a large pot with 2 cups of water to boil.
• Once boiling, add the cauliflower florets and garlic, and loosely cover (allowing some steam to escape).
• Cook until the cauliflower is fork-tender, about 5-8 minutes.
• Transfer the garlic and half of the cauliflower to a blender or food processor. Add the Italian seasoning, half of the grated cheddar and season generously with salt and pepper. Blend well.
Boil the Pasta & Broccoli
• In the meantime, add 14 cups of water to the large pot and return to boil. Add a pinch of salt.
• Once boiling, add the brown rice pasta. Cook for 6 minutes.
• Add the broccoli florets and continue to cook until the broccoli is fork-tender and the pasta is tender-firm (al dente), about another 4-5 minutes.
• Remove the pot from heat and rinse under cool water.
• Drain in a colander in the sink.
Bring It All Together
• Transfer the pasta and broccoli mixture to the oiled baking dish. Pour the cheese sauce over top until everything is well coated. Sprinkle the remaining cheddar and Parmesan evenly across the top.
• Bake in the oven until the cheese is golden-brown and crispy, about 30 minutes.
• Remove from heat and let sit to cool. Serve and enjoy!
Tips for Leftover Ingredients:
• When you are ready for another homemade dinner, the extra Italian seasoning, garlic and Parmesan will make another excellent pasta dish!