Cauliflower Curry with Tofu, Chickpeas & Rice
- Small pot
- Medium pot
1½ cups water
To taste salt & pepper
1 tbsp. biodynamic extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. fresh city's curried spice mix (curry powder, cumin, coriander, cinnamon)
¾ cup fresh city's thai coconut mix (coconut milk, tamari, coconut sugar)Shop this recipe
Prepare the Ingredients
• Rinse the cauliflower and chop it into florets.
• Rinse and dice the bell pepper.
• Rinse and drain the chickpeas in a colander in the sink.
• Mince the garlic. Cut the tofu into ½-inch cubes.
• Cut the lime into wedges.
• Rinse and roughly chop the cilantro.
Make the Rice
• Rinse the rice in a fine sieve and add it to a small pot with 1 ½ cups water and a pinch of salt. Bring to boil.
• Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer and cook, covered, until the rice is tender and water is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes.
Cook the Veggies
• In the meantime, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat.
• Add the garlic and cook until tender and fragrant, 2-3 minutes.
• Stir in the cauliflower, bell pepper, tofu, chickpeas, Curried Spice Mix, nutritional yeast, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for another 2 minutes.
• Pour in the Thai Coconut Mix and let the mixture simmer until the veggies are tender-crisp and the liquid has reduced a bit, about 8-10 minutes. Stir the mixture occasionally. Thin with water if desired.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the rice between two bowls or plates.
• Top with the Cauliflower Curry and garnish with cilantro and fresh wedges of lime to serve!