Carrot Spaghetti Pie with Homemade Tomato Sauce
- Medium baking dish
- Blender/food processor
- Large pot
To taste salt & pepper
2 tsp. dried spices (basil, oregano, ground nutmeg)Shop this recipe
Preheat Oven & Boil the Noodles
• Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a baking dish with 2 tbsp. olive oil.
• Bring a large pot of water with a pinch of salt to boil.
• Add the noodles and cook, uncovered, until tender-firm, about 8-10 minutes.
• Rinse and drain in a colander in the sink.
Prepare the Veggies
• Rinse the carrots, tomatoes, kale and parsley.
• Dice the onion, carrots, and tomatoes.
• Mince the garlic.
• Remove the kale leaves from the stem, and roughly chop them. Chop the parsley and set aside.
Sauté the Veggies
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in the same large pot used earlier for the noodles over medium-high heat.
• Add the onion and garlic and sauté until tender and fragrant, about 5-6 minutes.
• Add the diced carrots and tomatoes and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 8-10 minutes.
• Transfer half of the sautéed veggies to a blender/food processor and blend until smooth.
• Return the purée back to the pot. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the kale and stir until wilted, 1-2 minutes.
• Remove from heat and stir in the dried spices and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Bake the Spaghetti Pie
• Stir the noodles into the pot. Grate the Parmesan.
• Add the egg and half of the Parmesan to the pot. Stir until well combined.
• Pour the mixture into the greased baking dish and bake until the edges are golden-brown, 15-20 minutes.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the pie between two plates and top with the remaining Parmesan and fresh parsley to serve!