Carrot, Snow Pea, and Turnip Melange
0.5 pounds snow peas
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
0.5 white onions
1 salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander or parsleyShop this recipe
Prep: Slice Onion into strips.
1. Peel and trim the turnips. Cut them in half crosswise into 1/4-inch slices. Stack the slices, and cut them into batons 1/4-inch wide.
2. Peel the carrots and cut them into 1/4 -inch thick rounds.
3. Trim off and discard the tips of the snow peas.
4. Heat the oil in a heavy skillet, and add the turnips and carrots. Cook, stirring, about 1 minute. Add the onions and cook until wilted, about 1 minute. Add the snow peas, salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, for about 4 minutes or until tender.
5. Add the vinegar and coriander, cook briefly, toss and stir well.