Carrot & Ginger Carrot Miso Power Soup
This Carrot & Ginger Miso Power Soup by blogger Meghan Telpner is a quick, satisfying, and protein rich soup that can help curb your sugar cravings by providing some much-needed minerals. It’s warming, gluten-free, vegan, and delicious. Introduce this soup into your regular meal routine to help get you past that afternoon sugar-craving crash, and give you more energy throughout the day.
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
4 Cups waterShop this recipe
1. Chop carrots, celery and mushrooms into 1/2-inch pieces.
2. Slice the kale into ribbons, and the sea vegetable tempeh into strips. Cut the ginger into small matchsticks.
3. Place water, carrots, celery, mushrooms and ginger into a medium pot. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer for 20 minutes.
4. While soup is simmering, heat your pan to medium, add olive oil, tamari and tempeh. Cook the tempeh until browned on each side. Set aside.
5. Once carrots are fork tender, turn off the heat and add shredded kale to soup.
6. Scoop out 1 cup of the soup liquid, whisk with miso paste in a small mixing bowl and then mix back into the pot of soup.
7. Ladle the soup into two bowls. Add the tempeh and garnish with kimchi, serve!