Carne De Res Tacos
- Large pan
- Small pan
IngredientsShop this recipe
Prepare the Ingredients
• Dice the onion.
• Rinse, dry and roughly chop the romaine lettuce.
• Rinse and dice the bell pepper.
• Cut the lime into wedges.
• Grate the jalapeño cheese.
Cook the Vegetables
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
• Add the onion and cook until soft and fragrant, about 5-10 minutes.
• Stir in the bell pepper and cook until tender, about another 5 minutes.
• Remove from heat, transfer to a bowl, and set aside.
Cook the Ground Beef
• Add the ground beef to the same pan used earlier for the veggies and increase the heat to medium-high.
• Mix in the taco seasoning until the beef is well coated.
• Cook, stirring occasionally, until the beef is cooked through (showing no signs of pink), about 10 minutes.
Bring It All Together
• Warm the corn tortillas in a small pan (or a microwave) over medium heat until soft and pliable, about 30 seconds per side. Evenly divide between separate plates.
• Cover each tortilla with romaine lettuce.
• Spoon over the cooked beef and veggies.
• Sprinkle with cheese.
• Serve with lime wedges and enjoy!
Tips for Leftover Ingredients:
• Lettuce and toppings that are leftover can be mixed together and made into a taco salad for tomorrow’s lunch!