Caramelized Onion Burgers with Mushrooms & Sweet Potato Chips
- Cheese grater
- Large pan
- Small bowl
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 single hamburger bunShop this recipe
Prepare the ingredients
- Slice the onions in half and then into 1/2-inch thick slices. Wipe and slice the mushrooms.
- Rinse the pea shoots. Grate the cheese.
Carmelize the Onions & Mushrooms
- Melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onions and mushrooms and stir, spreading them out to cook evenly in the pan.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions caramelize, about 20-25 minutes. Add water as needed so the pan does not dry out.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and scrape the onions and mushrooms into a small bowl.
Cook the Burgers
- Wipe the pan clean and return to the element with 2 tbsp. olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Place the burgers on the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes. The burgers should sizzle (turn up the heat if they don't).
- Flip the burgers and sprinkle each with the shredded cheese.
- Cook for another 3-4 minutes, until the meat is cooked through and the cheese is melted.
Bring it all Together
- Spread some mustard on each bun.
- Place a burger on each bun and top with caramelized onions and mushrooms, pickles, and pea shoots.
- Serve with sweet potato chips on the side!