California Collard Wraps & Miso Soup
These light, crisp, and refreshing wraps by Jamie Lee Mock are packed with flavor and will fill you up. The raw ranch dressing is delicious and can be kept in the refrigerator for up to three days to be used in another recipe, or simply eaten with raw organic veggies! Paired with a comforting and savory miso soup, you’ll be left completely satisfied.
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon tamari soy sauce
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 1/3 cup waterShop this recipe
1. In a blender, combine 1/3 cup water, the cashews, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, juice of one lemon, honey, onion powder, garlic, and 1/2 tsp. of salt. Blend until smooth and creamy.
2. Trim the stem off the collard leaves and soak them in a bowl with hot water for 5 minutes. Shred or peel the carrot into strips, and dice the cucumber. Peel and pit the avocado and cut into slices.
3. To make the soup, mince the ginger and dice the green onion. In a large bowl, combine the tamari, miso paste, rice vinegar, sesame oil and ginger. Stir to make a smooth paste. Divide the paste evenly amongst two soup bowls.
4. Remove the collards from the water, pat dry with a paper towel and spoon a hearty dollop of dressing onto each collard. Add the veggies. Tuck and roll your wrap like a burrito or fold in half and eat like a taco.
5. Boil 3 cups of water. Once boiling, pour a few tablespoons of water into each soup bowl. Stir so no lumps remain, then add the rest of the water. Garnish with green onion and serve with the collard wraps.