Cabbage Wraps with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce
These wraps will make you love cabbage as much as you love... peanut butter! It also helps that there is actual peanut butter in the recipe. But really, just give these Cabbage Wraps by A House in the Hills a taste and you won't be disappointed.
1 package extra firm tofu
1 1/2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
1 teaspoon raw honey
1/4 teaspoon crushed chili pepper
1 tablespoon virgin coconut oilShop this recipe
1. Thoroughly coat grill pan in coconut oil.
2. Drain tofu, slice in half and press with cloth until dry, squeezing out as much moisture as possible. Grill tofu 5 minutes on each side or until crispy. Remove from heat and slice into strips.
3. To create the peanut dipping sauce combine peanut butter, sesame oil, tamari, garlic, juice of 1 lime, honey, red pepper flakes. Mix well. Add water to achieve desired consistency and additional salt to taste.
5. To prepare vegetables use a julienne peeler, creating vegetable noodles out of carrots and cucumbers. De-seed and cut bell pepper into match sticks. Wash and chop cilantro. Rinse and dry cabbage leaves cutting off the majority of white stalk.
6. Layer tofu, bell pepper, carrots, cilantro and cucumber in cabbage leaves and roll up! Use peanut sauce or toothpicks to secure leaves if necessary.