Cabbage Kimchi Stew with Enoki Mushrooms, Tofu & Rice
- Large pot
- Small pot
5½ cups water
3/4 cup white arborio rice
To taste salt & pepper
150g firm tofu
1 tbsp. tamari soy sauce
½ cup enoki mushrooms, on
¼ cup sprouts, mung bean
1 tsp. sesame seedsShop this recipe
Prepare the Kimchi
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the kimchi, miso paste, and tomato paste.
• Cook, stirring often, until starting to brown, about 5-7 minutes. Add 4 cups of water and bring to boil. • Reduce heat to simmer and cook until the kimchi is softened and translucent, about 20 minutes.
Make the Rice
• In the meantime, rinse the rice in a fine sieve and add it to a small pot with 1 ½ cups of water and a pinch of salt. Bring to boil.
• Reduce the heat to simmer and cook until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed, 10-15 minutes.
Make the Stew
• Cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes.
• Rinse the cauliflower and chop it into small florets.
• Rinse and thinly slice the green onions.
• Add the tofu, cauliflower, tamari and half of the green onions to the large pot with the kimchi.
• Let simmer until the tofu has absorbed some of the flavours and falls apart a little, and the cauliflower is tender, about 10-15 minutes.
Bring It All Together
• Trim the ends off the enoki mushrooms and pull them apart into smaller clumps. Add the mushrooms to the stew and cook for 2-3 minutes.
• Rinse and dry the sprouts.
• Evenly divide the stew between two bowls. Add the sprouts, remaining green onions and sesame seeds.
• Serve with rice on the side or add it to the bowls for a heartier stew!