Butter ChickUN Fries with Tofu & Green Beans
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Large bowl
- Large pan
- Small pot
1 tbsp. fresh city's essential spice mix (cumin, coriander, garlic powder)
To taste salt & pepper
1 cup beans, green (or yellow or purple)
150g firm tofu
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. nutritional yeastShop this recipe
Bake the Fries
• Preheat the oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
• Scrub the potatoes and cut away any blemishes.
• Cut the potatoes into ½-inch thick slices and add them to a large bowl. Drizzle with 2 tbsp. olive oil and sprinkle with potato spice. Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss to coat.
• Spread the potatoes out on the baking sheet and roast in the oven until golden-brown and crispy, about 40 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Prepare the Remaining Ingredients
• While the fries are baking, rinse the green beans, trim away the ends and cut them into 1-inch pieces.
• Wipe and slice the mushrooms.
• Cut the tofu into ¼-inch cubes and add it to the large bowl used earlier for the potatoes. Drizzle with lemon juice. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast and salt and pepper to taste, and toss to coat.
Cook the Tofu & Veggies
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the tofu and cook until golden-brown, about 7-8 minutes, flipping occasionally. Remove from heat and set aside.
• Heat the butter chicken sauce in a small pot over medium heat, about 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
• Return the large pan to the element. Add 1 tbsp. olive oil and the green beans and mushrooms. Cook until tender-firm, about 4-5 minutes.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the potatoes, green beans, mushrooms and tofu between two bowls. Drizzle with butter chicken sauce to serve!