Buffalo Chickpea Pockets with Tahini Veggies & Avocado
- Two large bowls
- Large pan
3/4 cup bbq sauce (tomato sauce, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, tamari, onion powder, paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper)
1 tbsp. hot sauce
to taste, salt & pepper
1 cups salad greens
2 tbsp. tahini dressing (lemon juice, olive oil, tahini, fig & date mustard, garlic powder)Shop this recipe
Marinate the Chickpeas
• Rinse and drain the chickpeas in a colander in the sink.
• Mince the garlic.
• In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, BBQ Sauce, garlic, and hot sauce (if desired).
• Season with salt and pepper to taste, mix well, and set aside.
Prepare the Remaining Ingredients
• Rinse and quarter the grape tomatoes.
• Rinse and roughly chop the salad greens.
• Peel, pit and slice the avocado.
• Cut the pitas in half and gently open them to make ‘pockets’.
• Add the tomatoes and salad greens to another large bowl and drizzle with the Tahini Dressing, tossing to thoroughly coat.
Cook the Chickpeas
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
• Pour the chickpea mixture into the pan and cook until heated through, about 4-5 minutes.
Bring It All Together
• To assemble the wraps, fill each ‘pocket’ half with some of the Buffalo Chickpeas, Tahini-dressed tomatoes and greens, and avocado.
• Evenly divide the pockets between two plates to serve!