Broccoli Quinoa Bowl with Tofu & Sesame Seeds
- Large pot
- Large pan
1½ cups water
To taste salt & pepper
2 carrots, loose
2 tbsp. shelled sunflower seeds
2 tbsp. dried cranberries
¼ cup fresh city's sweet chili sauce (sesame oil, brown rice vinegar, tamari, chili okazu, coconut sugar)
1 tbsp. sesame seedsShop this recipe
Make the Quinoa
• Rinse the quinoa in a fine sieve and add it to a large pot with 1 ½ cups water and a pinch of salt.
• Bring to boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer and cook, uncovered, until quinoa is tender and water is absorbed, 10-15 minutes.
• Remove from heat.
Prepare the Ingredients
• In the meantime, cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes.
• Rinse the broccoli and chop it into florets.
• Rinse and thinly slice the cabbage or shred it with a grater, if desired.
• Rinse and grate the beets and carrots.
• Crush the cashews with the broad side of a knife.
Cook the Tofu & Broccoli
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
• Add the tofu and broccoli to the pan, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Cook, stirring occasionally, until the tofu is browned and the broccoli is fork-tender, about 5-6 minutes.
Bring It All Together
• Add the tofu, broccoli, carrots, cabbage, beets, sunflower seeds and dried cranberries to the large pot with the quinoa and mix well.
• Evenly divide the mixture between two bowls and drizzle with the Sweet Chili Sauce.
• Sprinkle with cashews and sesame seeds to serve!