Broccoli Mac & UnCheese with Cashew and Cauliflower
- Medium pot
- Dish cloth
- Chopping knife
- Blender or food processor
- Large mixing bowl
- Casserole dish
- Large pan
3 tbsp. 'cheezy' spice mix (nutritional yeast, garlic powder, turmeric, onion powder, cayenne pepper, paprika)
3/4 cups + 2 tbsp. water
to taste salt & pepper
200g whole wheat penne rigateShop this recipe
Preheat the Oven & Make the UnCheese Sauce
• Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
• Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into a small bowl, removing any seeds.
• In a blender or food processor, combine the cashews,‘Cheezy’ Spice Mix, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and ¾ cups water.
• Blend until smooth and creamy, adding a bit of water if needed.
Boil the Noodles
• Bring a large pot of water with a pinch of salt to boil.
• Once boiling, add the penne and cook until tender-firm (al dente), about 10 minutes.
• Drain in a colander in the sink.
Prepare the Remaining Ingredients
• In the meantime, rinse the broccoli and cauliflower, and chop them into florets.
• Place a large pan over medium-high heat and add the broccoli, cauliflower and 2 tbsp. water. Steam until fork-tender, about 5 minutes.
• Pour them into the colander with the penne to drain any excess water.
• Slice the tofu into ½-inch cubes.
Bake the Mac & UnCheese
• Pour the penne and veggies back into the large pot used earlier for the penne.
• Stir in the tofu and UnCheese Sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Transfer the mixture to a large baking dish and bake in the oven, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the Mac & UnCheese between two bowls or plates to serve!