Broccoli Mac & Cheeze with Potato, Carrots & Peas
- Large pot
2 carrots, loose
2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
2 tbsp. coconut oil, virgin
2½ tbsp. water
1½ tbsp. lemon juice
½ tsp. paprika
To taste salt & pepper
200g fresh pasta rigatoni
¼ cup peas, snowShop this recipe
Boil the Potatoes, Carrots & Cashews
• In the meantime, rinse and scrub the potatoes and cut away any blemishes. Dice them into 1-inch pieces.
• Rinse and dice the carrots into 1-inch pieces.
• Add the potatoes, carrots, and cashews to a large pot filled with water and bring to boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, until fork-tender, about 10-15 minutes.
• Drain in the colander in the sink.
Make the Cheeze Sauce
• Mince the garlic.
• Transfer the potatoes, carrots and cashews to a blender or food processor.
• Add the nutritional yeast, coconut oil, water, lemon juice, garlic, and paprika. Season generously with salt and pepper.
• Blend until smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add a bit of water until it reaches your desired consistency.
Boil the Pasta & Remaining Veggies
• Fill the large pot with water and return it to high heat.
• Once boiling, add the pasta and cook for 5 minutes.
• In the meantime, rinse the broccoli. Chop it into florets.
• Add the broccoli to the pot and continue boiling until the pasta is tender-firm (al dente) and the broccoli is fork-tender, about another 4-5 minutes.
• Remove from heat and stir in the peas. Let sit for a minute or so and then drain in a colander.
Bring It All Together
• Pour the Cheeze sauce over the pasta and veggies and mix well. Evenly divide between two bowls or plates to serve!