Broccoli & Cheddar Potato Skins
This healthier version of a baked potato skin adapted from Amy's Health Baking serves one person. To make as an appetizer for a party, simply increase the amounts for all ingredients. Cooking time may increase, depending on the number of potatoes used.
1 russet potatoes
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oilShop this recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 400°, and lightly coat a baking sheet with a bit of olive oil
2. Pierce the potato multiple times with a fork, place on the baking sheet, and bake for about 30 minutes, or until fork tender. Let the potato rest for 2 minutes before slicing in half.
3. In the meantime, chop the broccoli and shred the cheddar cheese.
4. Scoop out the insides of the potato with a spoon, reserving for another use, and leaving a 1/8”-thick border. Place the potato halves on the prepared baking sheet, and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with half of the salt, and bake at 400° for 5 minutes.
5. While the potatoes cook, place the broccoli in a pan with a bit of water over medium high heat. Cook until the broccoli is fork tender, adding water as needed, about 10 minutes. Drain any excess water.
6. Remove the potatoes from the oven, and evenly distribute the broccoli between the two halves. Top each half with cheddar cheese. Bake at 400° for 3 minutes or until cheese melts.