Take a bite of summer with this simple Blueberry Pandowdy dessert! With only a few ingredients, you can achieve a sweet treat made for enjoying outdoors. Your local blueberries will be transformed with fresh lemon zest, vanilla extract, and sugar. We top it with Mabel's Puff Pastry to soak in all those beautiful juices. Top with some French Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for summertime bliss!
1/3 cup sugar, organic cane golden
4 cups blueberries (import, 6oz)Shop this recipe
1/3 cup sugar, plus more for topping
2 tbsp flour, plus more for dusting
4 cups blueberries
Zest of 1 lemon
6 tbsp butter, melted
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 sheet Mabel's puff pastry, thawed
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
Coarse sugar, for topping
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. In a large bowl, mix in the sugar, flour, salt, and vanilla.
2. Using a microblade or fine rasp grater, zest the lemon over the mixture. Add blueberries. Add 4 tablespoons of butter (reserving 2 tablespoons for topping) and toss until the berries are well coated.
3. Transfer the berry mix into a 12" cast-iron skillet or deep dish baking pan.
4. Lightly dust a clean counter with flour and roll out the puff pastry. Dust the top with flour and use a pastry cutter (in any shape) or a small-rimmed cup to cut the puff pastry into 1" pieces.
5. Arrange the pieces of puff pastry over the berries, overlapping but spreading to cover almost completely. Brush the pastry with remaining butter and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
6. Bake the pandowdy until the pastry is puffed and golden around the edges, 25-30 minutes.
7. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F. Continue to bake until the juices are bubbling and the pastry is golden brown, 10-15 minutes longer.
8. Remove the pandowdy from the oven and let cool slightly. Serve and enjoy!