Bell Pepper Kung Pao with Tofu & Rice Noodles
- Large pot
- Small pan
- Large pan
- Small bowl
150g tofu, extra firm
¼ cup fresh city's sesame ginger dressing (sesame oil, brown rice vinegar, maple syrup, miso paste, tamari, garlic powder, ginger)
To taste salt & pepper
1 tbsp. sesame seedsShop this recipe
Prepare the Noodles & Toast the Cashews
• Bring a large pot with a pinch of salt to boil.
• Once boiling, add the noodles. Boil until tender-firm (’al dente’), about 8 minutes.
• Drain in a colander in the sink. Use kitchen scissors to snip the noodles into fork manageable pieces, if desired.
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a small pan over medium heat and add the cashews. Toast until lightly browned, about 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
Prepare the Tofu & Veggies
• Cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes.
• Rinse and dice the bell pepper.
• Rinse and grate the carrots.
• Rinse and thinly slice the cabbage.
• Rinse and mince the green onions.
Cook the Tofu & Veggies
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium- high heat. Add the tofu and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 3-4 minutes.
• Add the bell pepper, carrots and cabbage. Cook until fork-tender, about another 3-4 minutes.
Make the Kung Pao Sauce
• In a small bowl, combine the water, cornstarch, and Sesame Ginger Dressing.
• Season with salt and pepper to taste and whisk with a fork to combine.
Bring It All Together
• Add the Kung Pao sauce and bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer and stir in the noodles, tofu and veggies. Stir in the toasted cashews.
• Evenly divide the mixture between two bowls.
• Top with sesame seeds and green onions to serve!