Beet & Feta Grilled Cheese with Roasted Carrot Soup
- Aluminum foil
- Baking sheet
- Large bowl
- Blender/food processor
- Large pan
½ lb. beets, bunched rainbow
2 tbsp. biodynamic extra virgin olive oil
To taste salt & pepper
½ cup goat feta
2 tbsp. raw honey
1½ cups waterShop this recipe
Roast the Beets
• Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Rinse and peel the beets. Slice them into ½-inch thick rounds.
• Place the beet rounds on aluminum foil and drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Wrap them in foil to create a sealed packet and place on one side of a baking sheet. Roast for 10 minutes.
Roast the Carrots & Potatoes
• Rinse the carrots and potatoes, and slice them into ½-inch thick chunks.
• Dice the onion and mince the garlic and ginger.
• Add the onion, garlic, ginger, carrots and potatoes to a large bowl. Drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil and salt and pepper to taste and toss to coat.
• Remove the baking sheet from the oven and pour the veggies onto the other side of the baking sheet. Roast until fork-tender, about 20 minutes.
• Let the beets cool slightly before handling.
Make the Grilled Cheese
• Butter one side of each slice of bread.
• Rinse and pat dry the spinach.
• Place a large pan over medium heat. Add 2 slices of bread, butter-side down. Crumble half of the feta onto each slice of bread and drizzle with honey. Top with the roasted beet slices, spinach, and remaining two slices of bread (butter-side up).
• Toast on the pan until the bottom bread starts to brown.
• Carefully flip the sandwiches. Repeat on the other side.
Make the Soup
• Add the coconut milk, 1 ½ cups water, and the roasted veggies on the baking sheet to a blender/food processor. Blend until smooth.
Bring It All Together
• Transfer the sandwiches to a cutting board and slice in half diagonally. Evenly divide the sandwiches between two plates and serve with a bowl of roasted carrot soup