Beet & Carrot Sunshine Bowl with Sweet Lemon Vinaigrette
- Small pot
- Food processor/blender
- Large bowl
- Medium pan
3/4 cup white and red quinoa
1 1/2 cups water
to taste salt
3/4 cup lemon vinaigrette (sunflower butter, orange juice, tamari, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice)
150g extra firm tofu
1/4 field cucumber
1 tbsp. shelled sunflower seedsShop this recipe
Make the Quinoa
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine sieve and add it to a small pot with 1 1/2 cups of water and a pinch of salt. Bring to boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer.
- Cook the quinoa until tender and the water is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
Cook the Tofu
- Mince the garlic and ginger.
- Combine the lemon vinaigrette, nutritional yeast, garlic and ginger, and 1/4 cup olive oil in a food processor/blender. Puree until smooth.
- Cut the tofu into 1/2-inch cubes and add them to a large bowl. Drizzle with 1/4 of the lemon vinaigrette mixture, tossing lightly to coat.
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat and add the marinated tofu.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes, flipping halfway through, until slightly crispy.
Prepare the Veggies
- Rinse and pat dry the beets, carrots, bell pepper, and cucumber.
- Shred the beet and carrot with a grater.
- Thinly slice the cucumber and bell pepper.
Bring it All Together
- Evenly divide the quinoa between the two bowls.
- Top with the tofu and veggies.
- Drizzle with the remaining lemon vinaigrette mixture and top with sunflower seeds to serve!