Beet & Carrot Pizza with Pesto Ricotta and Herbs
- Baking sheet
- Vegetable peeler
- Medium pan
- Small bowl
2 tablespoons dill
to taste salt & pepper
1 large red onion
100 g ricotta sheep cheese
2 gluten-free pizza crustsShop this recipe
Preheat Oven & Prepare Toppings
- Preheat the oven to 390°F. Lay the pizza crusts out on a baking sheet.
- Rinse and peel the carrots and beets. Slice them as thinly as possible. Dice the red onion.
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Add the red onions and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the carrots and beets and continue to cook for another 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat.
Make the Pesto
- Chop the chives and dill. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta, basil pesto, chives, dill, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
Assemble the Pizza
- Spread the pesto ricotta mixture evenly across the surface of the pizza crusts. Top each with the carrot, beet and onion mixture and bake for 12 minutes.
Make the Salad
- While the pizzas bake, make the salad. Divide the salad greens between two bowls and drizzle each with ½ tbsp. olive oil and ½ tbsp. apple cider vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss lightly and serve with the pizzas when ready!