Beef Stroganoff with Creamy Dill Mushrooms
• Medium pot
• Large pot
¾ cup water
To taste salt & pepper
2 tbsp. organic unsalted butter, bulk
8-10oz beef, stir-fry strips (field gate)
2 tbsp. whole grain, all-purpose spelt flourShop this recipe
Boil the Noodles
• Bring a medium pot filled with water and a pinch of salt to boil. Once boiling, add the noodles.
• Cook until the noodles are tender-firm (’al dente’), 8-10 minutes. Drain in a colander in the sink.
Brown the Mushrooms
• In the meantime, wipe and slice the mushrooms.
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Cook until the mushrooms are browned, 4-5 minutes.
• Transfer to the medium pot used for the noodles.
Prepare the Remaining Ingredients
• Return the pot to the element and reduce the heat to medium. Add the butter.
• Dice the onion and mince the garlic, and add both to the pot. Cook until tender and fragrant, 2-3 minutes.
• Add the beef strips and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, about 6-8 minutes.
• In the meantime, rinse and roughly chop the dill and grate the Swiss cheese, if not pre-shredded.
Make the Stroganoff
• Add the flour to the pot and stir to coat the beef.
• Add the milk and stir. Cook until the liquid is almost evaporated, 1-2 minutes.
• Add the vegetable bouillon and ½ cup of water.
• Increase the heat to medium-high to bring the mixture
to boil. Once boiling, add the noodles, mushrooms, dill, and Swiss cheese.
Bring It All Together
• Rinse and dice the green onions.
• Evenly divide the Beef Stroganoff between two bowls and garnish with green onions to serve!