Beef 'Dan Dan' Noodles with Cashews & Carrots
- Large pot
- Meduim pan
To taste salt & pepper
1/2 cup peanut dressing (peanut butter, sesame oil, water, lime juice, brown rice vinegar, tamari, ginger, garlic powder, sea salt)
1 tbsp. crushed chili pepper
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp. olive oil
9-10 oz. ground beef
1 brown rice spaghetti, 200gShop this recipe
Cook the Noodles
• Bring a large pot of water to boil. Once boiling, add the noodles and a pinch of salt.
• Boil until al dente (tender-firm), about 8-10 minutes.
• Drain in a colander in the sink. Use kitchen scissors to snip the noodles into fork manageable pieces, if desired.
Prepare the Ingredients
• Mince the garlic and ginger.
• Rinse and dice the green onion and bok choy.
• Rinse and grate the carrots. Rinse the sprouts.
• Crush the cashews with the broad side of a knife.
Make the Dan Dan Sauce
• Place a medium pan over medium-low heat.
• Add the Peanut Dressing. Stir and let simmer for 1-2 minutes.
• Add the water, garlic, ginger, and crushed chili pepper, if desired.
• Once the sauce is smooth and slightly runny, remove from heat and set aside.
Cook the Beef & Veggies
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in the same large pot used earlier for the noodles over medium-high heat.
• Add the ground beef. Cook, breaking the beef up into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon, until the beef is browned and cooked through, 4-5 minutes.
• Stir in the bok choy and carrots, and continue to cook until the carrots are tender and the bok choy is bright green and wilted, about another 2-3 minutes.
• Reduce the heat to medium-low.
Bring It All Together
• Add the drained noodles and Dan Dan Sauce to the pot with the beef and veggies.
• Mix well so that everything is thoroughly coated.
• Evenly divide the mixture between two bowls or plates.
• Top with sprouts and green onions, and garnish with crushed cashews to serve!