Beef Chimichangas with Tomato & Mexican Rice
- Large pan
- Baking sheet
- Small pot
½ lb. tomatoes, vine
¼ cup cow cheddar
To taste salt & pepper
9-10 oz. ground beef (harley farms)
¼ cup hewitt's goat milk sour cream, 14% mf
1 tbsp. essential spice mix (cumin, garlic powder, coriander)
¼ cup black bean dip
1 cup waterShop this recipe
Preheat the Oven & Prepare the Ingredients
• Preheat the oven to 450°F.
• Rinse and dice the tomatoes.
• Rinse and roughly chop the cilantro and lettuce.
• Dice the onion.
• Grate the cheddar cheese, if not pre-shredded.
Make the Filling
• Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
• Add the onion and cook until tender and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Stir in the ground beef and add half of: the sour cream, diced tomatoes, Essential Spice Mix, and cilantro.
• Cook, stirring occasionally, until the beef is browned, about 5-7 minutes.
Bake the Chimichangas
• Assemble the chimichangas: spread half of the black bean dip down the center of each tortilla.
• Divide the beef-veggie mixture between the tortillas.
• Top with lettuce and half of the shredded cheese.
• Wrap your tortillas and place them, seam-side down, on the baking sheet.
• Top with the remaining shredded cheese and bake until golden-brown and crispy, about 10 minutes.
Make the Rice
• In the meantime, rinse the rice in a fine sieve and add it to a small pot with 1 cup of water and a pinch of salt.
• Bring to boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer and cook, covered, until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed, about 8-10 minutes.
• Remove from heat and stir in the remaining diced tomatoes, Essential Spice Mix, and cilantro.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the rice between two plates.
• Cut the chimichangas in half and place them on top of the rice. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream to serve!