Beef Burrito Bowls with Quinoa, Beans & Avocado
• Small pot
• Large pan
1½ cups water
To taste salt & pepper
8-10 oz. ground beef (harley farms)
1½ tsp. fresh city's chili spice mix (chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, sugar, paprika)
¼ cup organic medium salsaShop this recipe
Make the Quinoa
• Rinse the quinoa in a fine sieve and add it to a small pot with 1 ½ cups water and a pinch of salt over medium-high heat. Bring to boil.
• Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer and cook until the quinoa is tender and the water is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes.
Cook the Beef
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium heat and add the ground beef, Chili
Spice Mix, and salt and pepper to taste.
• Cook, stirring occasionally to break up the meat, until the beef is cooked through and browned, about 5-7 minutes.
Prepare the Remaining Ingredients
• Rinse and finely dice the bell pepper.
• Rinse and roughly chop the cilantro.
• Rinse and mince the green onions.
• Peel, pit and slice the avocado.
• Rinse the black beans in a colander in the sink.
• Cut the lime in half.
• Grate the cheddar cheese.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the quinoa, beef, beans, bell pepper, and avocado between two bowls.
• Sprinkle with cheese, cilantro and green onions.
• Squeeze the lime juice on top and give each bowl a dollop of sour cream and salsa to serve!