- Small pot
- Large bowl
- Large pan
¾ cup white arborio rice
1+1 cups water
To taste salt & pepper
8-10 oz. beef, stir-fry strips (field gate)
2 tbsp. biodynamic extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. golden cane sugar (turbinado)
¼ tsp. crushed chili pepperShop this recipe
Make the Rice
• Rinse the rice in a fine sieve under cold water.
• Add it to a small pot with 1 cup water, a pinch of salt, and the coconut milk. Bring to boil.
• Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer and cook, covered, until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, 10-15 minutes.
Cook the Beef
• In the meantime, add the beef strips and half of the tamari to a large bowl. Toss to coat.
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over high heat.
• Once the oil is sizzling, add the beef strips and sear for 1 minute per side. Transfer the beef to a plate and return the pan to the element.
Prepare the Veggies
• Rinse the broccoli and chop it into florets.
• Rinse the bok choy and roughly chop it.
• Dice the onion, and mince the garlic and ginger.
Make the Sauce
• Add 1 tbsp. olive oil to the same pan used earlier for the beef. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook until tender and fragrant, 2-3 minutes.
• Stir in 1 cup of water, the vegetable bouillon, cornstarch, sugar, and remaining tamari. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Bring the mixture to boil then reduce heat to simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes.
Bring It All Together
• Stir in the beef strips, broccoli, bok choy and crushed chili pepper (if desired). Cook until everything is heated through, and veggies are tender-crisp, about another 5-6 minutes.
• Evenly divide the coconut rice between two bowls and spoon the beef and broccoli mixture on top!