Basil Pesto Spaghetti with Roasted Tomatoes & Arugula
- Large bowl
- Baking sheet
- Large pot
- Small pan
- Cheese grater
1 cup loose arugula, clamshell
1/4 cup living basil
To taste salt& pepper
200g semolina spaghettiShop this recipe
Roast the Tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Rinse and halve the grape tomatoes. Add them to a large bowl with 2 tbsp. olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat thoroughly.
- Pour the tomatoes onto a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
Boil the Noodles
- Bring a large pot filled with water and a pinch of salt to boil. Add the noodles and cook until tender (al dente), about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain in a colander in the sink. Return noodles to the pot and stir in the chickpeas and pesto.
Toast the Walnuts
- While the noodles boil and the tomatoes roast, roughly chop the walnuts.
- Add them to a small pan with 1 tbsp. olive oil and place over medium heat. Cook until lightly toasted, about 2-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
Bring it all together
- Rinse and dry the arugula and basil.
- Grate the Parmesan.
- Once the tomatoes have finished roasting, add them to the pot, along with any juices on the pan. Add the arugula and stir to combine.
- Evenly divide the spaghetti between two bowls or plates. Sprinkle with walnuts and garnish with fresh basil and Parmesan to serve!