Basil Pesto Salmon with Roasted Veggies & Polenta
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Large bowl
- Medium pot
To taste salt & pepper
¼ cup basil pesto dressing (basil pesto, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic powder)
3 cups water
¾ cup cornmeal
2 tbsp. regular sour cream, 14% mfShop this recipe
Preheat the Oven & Prepare the Ingredients
• Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
• Rinse the basil.
• Rinse and halve the grape tomatoes.
• Rinse and dice the bell pepper.
• Dice the onion.
Roast the Salmon & Veggies
• Add the tomatoes, onion and bell pepper to a large bowl and drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil and salt and
pepper to taste.
• Pour onto one side of the baking sheet.
• Place the salmon, skin-side down, on the other side of the baking sheet and drizzle with half of the Basil Pesto Dressing.
• Roast in the oven until the salmon is cooked through (the skin should flake easily with a fork), about 10-15 minutes.
Make the Polenta
• In the meantime, bring 3 cups of water to boil in a medium pot. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and whisk in the cornmeal. Stir until smooth.
• Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture reaches a thicker consistency.
• Remove from heat and whisk in the butter and sour cream. Set aside.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the polenta between two bowls or plates and top with salmon and roasted veggies.
• Drizzle with the remaining Basil Pesto Dressing and garnish with fresh basil to serve!